Image Source: Unsplash
Law is incredibly complex and societies around the world need rules and regulations in order to maintain law and order. As you would expect, law has many sub-categories, far too many to talk about in this short article. One field of law that most people encounter at some stage in their lives is family law, which in itself has many sub fields.
Here are a few scenarios where you would need the services of a family law firm.
- Prenuptial Agreement – When two people decide to start a relationship, they often wish to set out a binding agreement regarding personal wealth and how assets should be divided in the event the relationship ends. This is especially true with those who have been married before and a person with considerable wealth might want to protect their estate. The agreement is legally binding and cannot be altered/amended by either party.
- Divorce/Separation – Some relationships go their course and when it ends, there are things to arrange. The division of assets, child custody and support might come into the equation. Many Western men come to Thailand and marry a local girl. However, cross-cultural relationships can be very challenging, with both parties having to gain an understanding of a new culture. When a marriage does go south, there are English-speaking lawyers like the ones at Vize Counselor in Bangkok to help you out and ensure that everything is agreed by both parties. Your solicitor should always have your best interests at heart.
- Last Will & Testament – We all have the responsibility of protecting our loved ones and making a will is one way to ensure what happens to your estate in the event of your passing. Nothing is certain in this world and it can be a mistake to assume that your partner automatically inherits everything you own. When a person dies without leaving a will, their estate is divided according to ancient laws and the outcome might not be as you would have wished. A family lawyer would draw up the document, which is signed and witnessed. Your will can be amended at any time; simply contact your lawyer and he or she can assist you in making changes to your will.
- Domestic Violence – Sadly, domestic violence is on the rise and if someone in your family is being abusive to you, it is possible to apply for an order that forbids them to come to your place of residence or contact you in any way. Family lawyers are available 24/7 because situations can arise at any time and if you feel threatened, it is best to make contact with a lawyer.
- Contesting A Will – This happens quite a lot. A person might feel that they were unfairly treated in a deceased family member’s will and they may have compelling evidence to show that the deceased had the intention of leaving them an asset. The lawyer would weigh up all the evidence and would give the client their professional opinion as to whether the claim would be successful.
Image Source: Pexels
If you are ever in need of a family lawyer, Google is your best friend and can take you to the website of a leading English-speaking lawyer in Thailand.
What Everybody Needs to Know about Bail Bond Companies’ Purposes
The Rise of IUD Lawsuits: Exploring the Legal Controversies Surrounding This Birth Control Method
What Are The Duties Of A Corporate Lawyer?